About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

September 27, 2017

Korean Drama Scarlet Heart Ryeo


Now, THIS, THIS actor, broke my heart to a zillion pieces - watching him feel the hurt.

The great thing about Sageuk is, it creates a personal interest in history (for me).

I am not a person, remotely invested in history - YET, YET, from the Korean Drama's I now know more than ever.

This series is set in the beginning of the Goryeo Dynasty, during King Taejo's reign (1st Century).

THE KING LOVES, was set much later, in the 13th century.

Costumes aside, this series, resonates with my soul.

Sure, there are grievances (we always want our preferred ending), but for me, I'm content. I cried and cried, in the last episode.  I couldn't stop.  BUT I am content.

I'm more content with this series than I was with THE KING LOVES.  That one, irritated and annoyed me because of the stupidity of it all.

The 4th Prince here, so far, was on point every step of the way, as was the heroine.

I have read many recaps/reviews, people who are dissatisfied with the ending.  Well, let's believe that it's left hanging because we might get a Season 2?

Perhaps Season 2 could pick up from Present Day Korea - sure I will miss the costumes, but I would like to see them together too.....

In our lives, we sometimes say, see you next time.....or we think, perhaps in our next life?

I'm glad that Korea decided to 'sell' history this way.  I'm proud that many viewers did what I did - research history once we get invested in the series.  It tells me that, there are people like me, who do not just mindlessly watch soaps.....we find the meaningful ones....we read the real parallel story....and we grow our minds.

With each Kdrama, I buy the OST - and well, it's my way of saying, Thank you Korea!

This face, has haunted me, yet I don't mind....it's a beautiful face.....























No comments: