About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 03, 2014

Something's GOT TO give

We have heard that famous line : If it ain't broke....BUT what if it has broken?

Then comes the next line : Something's Got to Give

BUT WHAT?

NO one ever wants to 'give in'
because this society isn't 'giving enough' especially if NOTHING is in it for them.

For altruistic people, this is a horrifying revelation because such people, who are far and few, help for reasons specific to the helping cause;  their helping hand DOESN'T have anything to do with them at any personal level except to extend assistance.  They do not gain in whatsoever way.

BUT what if a person WAS altruistic then somehow drew the shorter end of the stick over and over again.  Even though such people will continue helping as if they fully contained the 'abuse', they will be less likely to continue on this path IF their personal space was compromised over time.

It is not their fault for not wanting to help all without discrimination any more.

The title of this post is that of the Jack Nicholson, Diane Keeton movie - I wish I could say the movie script is pretty much what I am blogging about, but it is not.  I enjoyed the movie terribly and I have re-watched it too many times over the years, whenever I wanted a laugh.

In the end, Jack N gave in to his awe of dating a woman about his age.  He gave in because a meaningful friendship is worth far more than one where he was always in control.  We cannot always be in control, because life isn't like that - many people do not get an opportunity to realise or learn that, until it's way too late.

So I wonder if all this bitterness about people seeing me as a meal ticket out will somehow diminish over time and I will be less hesitant about being me again.

Till today, people still try to push buttons - thinking, I will not retaliate.

Well they are so wrong.
I don't just retaliate.
I make sure I burn the bridge so bad that no one can ever rebuild it.

When someone lets you off the hook, just walk away quietly.
Don't try to outsmart someone who has 'fed' you.  Never bite the hand that feeds you.
Never also bite the hand that has kept you fed, because one tomorrow, there will be no more food for you, because everyone will know what a low life you are and they will say "YAYY, HE GOT THAT COMING"

Somethings' gotta give 
You pissed someone off - leave them be - apologise if you are big man - don't, if you think you are untouchable.
In life, NO ONE ever is untouchable.
What goes around, comes around.

No comments: