About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 22, 2014

Ear-marked for trouble - when one is ungrateful

In my life, the one thing that remains constant, is my ability to 'discount' personalities which generally are unhealthy.
As a younger person - I was more patient and polite when such people cross my path.
As I got older, I realised that people cannot 'improve' in the absence of 'lessons' - which was how it got me to 'burn bridges' even if it means some cost to myself.

It is so unfortunate that some people just don't deserve to be around other well meaning people.  Yet its almost ALWAYS that the well meaning people are the ones who walk away gaining nothing at all.

I have documented my story about a person I know who went ahead to disappoint not just me but people who are not even my closest friends, by swallowing all the help they gave during his time of need - NOT monetary, but a criminal matter where money wasn't going to solve it for anyone.  You do the crime, you do the time.

Unfortunately, the evidence was slow in coming in and eventually, it became a cold case only to be dismissed - but not after he sought help from high profile criminal lawyers and law-makers for his defence.

Never mind that he walked away without a thank you.  He walked away with his head held up high telling everyone, he did it all by himself and that he did not seek any help from anyone.

Now, he goes on to say that every other day via email.

Being an alcoholic, he goes off the bend by calling people on a weekday past midnight and expects the person to be available to hear his ranting on about his successes.  When ticked off, he gets upset and goes off the rails!

Frankly, what do people do about a person like that?
Let him continue being a nuisance?
I don't think so.

Someone needs to set this person right.
He doesn't just need a wake up call.
He needs another hard life lesson where NO ONE will help him again.

Is that terrible to wish upon a person?  I don't think so because to help ONE person in need because of the law, took a lot of resources and time....we all could have helped another genuine person who IS deserving of the help.  People who enlist help then shun the very people who helped deserve nothing but the full weight of the legal system.

This is why people stop helping.
What a waste.

No comments: