About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 20, 2016

A Merry Christmas Week

Wow another 2 weeks to 2017!

The year has passed so quickly, that I'm stumped.  It felt like just a heartbeat away, when I was settling into my schedule for 2016 and wished it would pass quickly because the first quarter of the year was too draggy.

Since it's the season of Christmas, I have had friends come over.  They remember when I just moved in and got excited about having a potted 'garden'.  Well, they saw flowers and basically, my plans come to fruition.  It must be how I grew up, tending to herbs and fruit trees, that gave me this desire to always have plants around me.  The orchids, for once in my life, are really doing well.  I was hesitant, when the plant shop lady insisted I try to grow a pot - when that did well, a friend gave me another and now I have 3 - all doing great.  I have sprays of orchids every day, cheering up the corridor.

Christmas is a personal holiday for me - I am done having huge dinner dos at my place - for the past decade, I have observed the holiday, giving Thanks to God for all the goodness he has bestowed upon me and my son.  The many Blessings we have received and the laughter that rings from my home daily.

How many people can say, they feel Blessed with their life?
I can.

I have had many disappointments, but never with the decisions I make, but more from the failure of people.  But as we get older, we learn to discount them and let Karma be their teacher.  Why try to walk in shoes not meant for us, right?

I used to think I could 'save' everyone.
That is a myth.  No one can 'save' anyone really.  It took me a long time to figure that one out but I did figure it out and I'm living better.

So, begins the count down to Christmas Eve and the sumptuous Dinner and several Christmas lunches that will mark the ending of 2016.

And then we begin again.....and look forward to closing 2017 just as well, if not better!


No comments: