About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 03, 2017

Mid CNY

Already we are halfway through the CNY.  Friends tell me that they felt even Malaysia was quieter this time around.  I thought so too until.....

I was picking up groceries from Cold Storage and wah lah! Tons of people were sieving through the flower rack as if all were free.  Seriously.  It wasn't unusual since Cold Storage does carry fresh flower stocks.  I have never seen a withered stalk there BUT it was also strange since this wasn't the only supermarket there and Cold Storage prices are not always at bargain rates.  Across the road was a more affordable supermarket, selling the more common stalks of flowers.  But it was a good feeling for the CNY, to see people of all ages, walks of life, grabbing whatever that was there.  That little section was almost like Chinatown!

Today should be EVERYONE's BIRTHDAY, day.  So that explains the rush.  That's also why I ended up there to pick up fish for dinner and to top up on Hokkaido Milk.

Perhaps everyone just reverted to spending quality time with family at home.  Of course eating joints will be filled up as well this evening, but there are still a lot of families, like mine, who prefer a more quiet observance.

I would have forgotten if not for good friends who sent their best wishes for the day.  Never could really understand the Chinese calendar.

It's good to know that CNY is still alive, quiet but alive.
Happy Birthday Everyone!

No comments: