About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 06, 2017

More Cat Abuses here

http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/ubi-cat-found-wrapped-masking-tape-unusual-animal-abuse-case


The latest - some coward low-life, taped up a cat's entire body with masking tape.

This is what happens when society generally DO NOT SPEAK UP & STAND UP on animal abuse but instead just pay lip-service.

What ever happened to their upbringing?  Did they miss some lessons in moral and ethical coding?  It doesn't matter how old the perpetrators are.  They missed this entire part of learning.  At least a bully would pick on another of the same species.  Animal abusers are cowards, preferring to prey upon a 'no rights' life form.

I am proud to be where I am from.  But I am so ashamed that our society is lagging far behind in this area.  As a Psychology major, I have read many research papers which have found animal abusers to be from the same sack as individuals with conduct disorders.

It should not surprise me actually, since just standing by the side-lines and watching the general behaviour of people has told me a lot about what's lacking.

But I am no President scholar or any scholar for that matter having paid for all my fees with my hard earned money so I guess that's why what's obvious to me, or has been for decades, isn't remotely alarming for those who are in the curriculum planning department.  Hell, I am not even a 'qualified' teacher here, not having chosen teaching as a profession so I'm not trained to be a teacher to comment on where the teaching went wrong.  I'm not blaming the education system, but I also say, it has to take partial blame.

Children are coddled these days.  Any harsher a punishment will be deemed abuse, yet mocking a stray is nothing but kids fun.  Look at people from generations before.  They were punished hard, but seem to have a better moral coding built in.

I have always kept away from greater society, because alarm bells have been ringing in my head for too many years.
I did not want to loose faith in the good so I stayed away from people in general.  I have friends, but very select ones.  It's difficult to find thinkers these days.  Fortunately for me, the few discerning pals fill in the gaps for me to not be in want for more.  Quality > Quantity.

I have also been reading terrible crimes being reported these days.  It's not because the internet has made reporting easier so we read more of it.  This is news - which is reported in our conservative newspaper.  There was an idea that we think there are more spousal abuses because people are more aware of what it is and will report it.  True and not true.  The abused never think they are being abused.  Same for this cat. He probably thought it was a game.  Lucky for him, some kind soul brought him to the vet to be treated.

As we grapple with reports of murders, cat abuses - the entire world is focused on racism.

Perhaps if the world tried to look in the right places, the second-tier issues will never surface.  Fix the fundamentals and the rest will fix itself.
How's that from a non-scholar?








No comments: