About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 12, 2018

Request for more babies & suggestions which isn't correct

So, the comment is to help build 'stronger' marriages so they can have more babies.  WRONG.

On the surface, it's YES, when the marriage bond is strong, babies are the 'natural' way to go.  I have seen, met and spoken to many with 'seemingly' decent marital relationships - but they still end up with wayward children, or a black sheep, at some point in the equation.

I'm not surprised that society has regressed and gone back to QUANTITY wins against QUALITY.

On a personal note, I rather have ONE, filial child, he doesn't have to be on the Scholar's list or the Deans' List...he doesn't even have to be a lawyer or a doctor.  As a parent, I want my ONE child to be a contributing citizen who can THINK for himself like a Shepard and not graze around like sheep.
I rather my ONE child be healthy and happy to speak his mind, yet speak his mind he will with facts and not hearsay.

The baby bonus has motivated couples to hit the jackpot - free money - thousands in fact.  Question should be, are we motivating the correct group of people?  People who are interested in being parents and not the helicopter type or the kind who only sees what they want to see.

I look around, listen to conversations when on the public transportation system and to my horror, I have yet to manage an eavesdropping session that's worth the listen.  Why bother having children if parents are not raising them, but maids and grandparents?  Ah, we need dual income? Well then, it's tough to have your cake and eat it too? This is the 70% of the current fertile population.  Give birth and expect everyone else, except themselves to parent the child. 

Years ago, when I started out my adult life, I wanted just ONE child.  ONE child I can give my all to....I passed up work, good jobs, to be a full-time mom at least during his informative years.  I had a maid, but I fed and bathed the child...not the maid......she focused on the household chores.  My ONE child is my responsibility and I took that up seriously.  When out at an extended family dinner, I fed the child as I ate.  He sat on my lap, not the maids, not grandparents.....I say that with pride.

I understand that the world is going through an ageing crisis - but do we really need more people to pollute the already polluted earth?  Perhaps its time to trim down the numbers so that Earth can recover from all that pollution.

I watch acquaintances dump children here and there, safely of course, and then years later, when things are no longer nappies and feeding, expect the child to have this magical bond with them.  Doesn't happen.  Most don't even know what their kids are up to outside the home.  When something happens, the report always is, he's a nice kid, quiet kid....polite kid.....

So a solid marriage won't bring in a solid child.
It's an interest in parenting that will.

No comments: