About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 05, 2018

the unexpected

I made a quick trip to BKK recently. I somehow managed to wrangle some time - schedules are crazy and have been crazy for quite some time now.....but as with all things, if it's meant to be it's meant to be.

It was great to visit again - there was so much talk about getting rid of the roadside stalls which made BKK, Bangkok.  Now, there is this huge tent outside Central, and all the street food stalls are there! Convenient because, as much as we are hit by the unforgiving heat, BKK is the same.

The unexpected thing was, someone decided to chat me up, while waiting to board the plane home.  After hours and hours of shopping, the last thing anyone wanted was to be social.  Yet there he was, tired-looking too, but so warm in his mannerisms.  He was young, has huge lovely eyes and someone who would have made my list, way back then.

Anyways, we exchanged numbers, because we got into talking about stuff we shared in common.  He was on a long-term visa, having just started up a business and was in BKK for work.  When it was boarding, we just said our good-nite, coz we just wanted to sleep all the way home!

He called me the following week.  Unexpected.

We meet people all the time, we exchange numbers sometimes and that's usually the end of that.  But this guy, he would text, try to mesh our schedules and finally, we met again for coffee today.

So I guess, not everyone has a rod up their ass.  Some people, the few, still believe in friendship and laughs.  I had a refreshing afternoon, sipping coffee, watching a good-looking guy chat, laugh and just having zero hang-ups.  He carried my shopping, even when I insisted that I could manage and I actually let him. 

He sent me a text to thank me for the afternoon and that we'll catch up soon, again.
I told him I'm just crazy and too busy and his response was, only a crazy would meet another crazy.

Now that, is sweet.

No comments: