About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 15, 2004

getting away

The freedom of being able to get away is such an adrenalin push that I started to pack a week ahead. Year 2004 is a milestone in my life which I will always remember, because it is this year that I managed to UNCHAIN myself from the chores of my life. FOR 17 years, I have toiled, made sacrifices and paid for a great mistake I made when I was young. Finally, I had the opportunity to let go of a burden, and I did just that - without which, freedom is in my distant past.To obtain this freedom, I had to argue, fight with people who were closest to me - People who could not see beyond them, people who could stick to routine, people who would trade their code of ethics for an ego boost.......people who didn't believe that I would choose Getting Away from IT all.Today, I believe that these people are still frazzled that I could go on enriching my life and dedicating my time to better use without qualms. Perhaps it's what's important to us that matters at the end of the day. I am happy, and that should count.We should get away from it all sometimes, not to run away, but to find ourselves again. There were opportunities, but as people, we find change discomforting. The saying, that there will be one drop that makes the cup runneth over....well, that last drop came by this year and I let it go. My life has started flowing again, like the water in the cup....

No comments: