About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 17, 2004

honesty versus trying

I managed to dig up my journal in 1988. Then, we didn't have blogs so this spiral notebook was my blog of sorts. I read through the entries, and I see that after more than 10 years, the basic principles in my life hasn't moved an inch, yet the little glitches seemed to have weaved it's way into the present day.Which brings me to my favourite line....that PEOPLE NEVER REALLY CHANGE. If we were born to be lacking in social skills, going for classes or taking a 10 year course on it, isn't going to equip us with it, and that is most apparent during a crisis. When in a crisis and under pressure, we don't have the luxury of time, to think about the correct response. There is no time to quickly recap history and try to take an alternative route, lest we hit ourselves against the wall again.........we have to react almost instinctively.Perhaps it boils down to whether we care enough, or we don't. AND for those who don't, yet know that they need to 'conform' to a certain behaviour, most times, it will be a weak reaction, which could backfire or worse still, choke up the entire relationship.In my book, Honesty is always appreciated. In my life, Trying always meant, they are getting nowhere....I am not a GURU in relationships, nor am I a perfect person, but I believe that when we set out to do our best, we should please do just that. Half measures are likely to result in half a relationship, and with enough time and stressors, it will eventually halve itself to zero.
No one should go about their life being misled into believing that they can change behaviour. They can try, but honestly, they never really do.

No comments: