About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 23, 2004

Why I celebrate Christmas

For most who know me, it's understood that I don't celebrate occasions. I stand by my belief that each day should be a celebration of life. I have made it a rule that no one should give me presents for occasions, birthdays, mother's day, or whatever day it may be......For me, the gift of life, is more than enough to sustain me. There is nothing in this world that I have a dire need for, except for the expectations that I have set out for myself. So, why am I 'celebrating' Christmas? For one, to remind us that Christ was born in a manger, not in some posh hospital (not that they had any then). It's to bring together all friends, on that day, to share food, laughter and love.....it's almost like an ordinary weekend, families getting together, with a difference - that another trying year has passed, and we are still here together again. When I look at the tree in the living room, I remember the first christmas years and years ago, when we didn't even have our own home, it was a rental flat. We didn't have money to buy ornaments, so I made little green and red bows out of ribbons. Today, I still have them on the tree. It's my living family history book which I will leave for my son, for his family. It's all that I have that I care most about, and That is why I celebrate Christmas.

No comments: