About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 20, 2008

Moving

The most frustrating thing in a workplace after 'office politics' is changing of assigned seats. In the 3.5 years that I have been here, we have moved at least 6 times, which works out to 2 moves a year.
We spend at least 8 hours in our offices - our desk space is our 2nd home - but in my case and those of my colleagues, it's our mobile 2nd home. I wonder if this has anything to do with an organisation not having enough real work to do OR simply having men who are as fickle as the regular woman is thought to be.
Each time we move, our extension lines are re-directed to the new seat - yet we still do that too often - all our printers, workstations move along with our papers and files. We spend at least half a work-day transferring all this stuff and setting it up again.
Perhaps corporate organisations are just huge set-ups with huge funds with not enough work to spread around.

No comments: