About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 10, 2008

not too long ago

I heard from a colleague today, that he has tendered and will be moving on. What is most interesting is, this colleague is not even from my department and our paths briefly crossed because of a situation, which didn't even involve me.
The fact that he took the trouble to buy me lunch and inform me, tells a lot.
That we don't need to be obvious friends to have a valuable friendship.

To watch another person move-on and approach his goals aggressively is a sight to behold, because not too long ago, I was like that too. The amazing thing is, he mentioned something that made me laugh, because that statement was my mantra, again, not too long ago.

"YOU KNOW IT"S TIME TO LEAVE, WHEN YOU"RE TOO COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR WORK"

I felt that he was put in front of me today, to serve a function - without him realising it. He was telling me what I knew all along and perhaps, hearing it from someone, from outside my circle, meant something.

For people who are happy just clocking in the 9am to 5pm, work is just work - they have no need to excel in their lives. There is nothing wrong if a person is like that - each of us is different - we need that for the world to balance. BUT if you're not operating at that level and you begin to, then it's time to move!

No comments: