About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 22, 2015

Sometimes you don't have to search

In November this year, I remember telling my friends and colleagues that I wasn't going to renew my contract for another year.   I had valid reasons and since most were moving on anyway, I thought that it was a sign that I should do the same.  In 2 years, we moved from colleagues to friends and it was time to call it, when we were at a high.  Statistics were good, everything was going great.  We thought, let's move on to another pasture and leave another mark.  

We met up in November and December, celebrated festivities and I was the only one, who didn't quite decide on where I was moving on to.  Everyone found another place for next year.  

Today, while watching a re-run, I received an offer to do a year's contract at a new place.  I was surprised, because it's almost the new year and apparently, some places were still having vacancies.  They wanted to grab me before I changed my mind, so we did the financial paperwork over the phone and arranged to sign all other paperwork next week. 

The one thing I know about me is, GOD has always blessed me with work.  No matter which industry I was dabbling in, HE always sent the work to me.  Today is special because I didn't look for it.  In fact, the previous appointment which I held for 2 years, was also one I didn't search for.  

I didn't say, I will think about it, because if that's HIS plan for me for next year, then I welcome it.  I can only imagine what my other friends will say, that I'm crazy because they were just telling me that taking up another contract means, I will be bushed 10 weeks every quarter.  

BUT I don't question when I'm lucky.  I take it and am grateful.

Sometimes, the thing we need, is right in front of us.  We just need it pushed to where we can see it.



No comments: