About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 24, 2015

Too much time

The interesting thing about having time is - when there is time, there is lots of it; when there isn't time, there just isn't.

How do we constructively will time away?

For most, we try to catch up on sleep.  Irony is - no one can ever make up for loss sleep.  It just doesn't work like an equation.  We sleep more or take naps, yet it does take a while before we feel rested.  That still doesn't amount up to the sleep we have lost.

If anything, I spent 2 weeks catching up on sleep for the entire year.  But after that, I'm back to being awake for most hours of the day.  

I have been diligently re-organising my home which I also know is futile since I do constantly move stuff around every now and then.  Now, one week before the new year, I'm done with spring cleaning.  

Next week will be full of lunches, dinners and basically doing the last minute catch up before everyone returns to the work place.  Hopefully, I will be tired enough to sleep in.  I miss the mornings I could sleep in.  Now that I'm too rested, I wake up early, as early as the birds chirping outside.  

Perhaps its best, we wind down the year with people who mean something to us.  During the year, meet ups are always in a rush - at least for me it is.  My mind is seldom completely void of tasks yet to be completed.  

So the best way to spend time, we can afford to waste, is to stop and smell the roses.  Take stock of what we have, be grateful and thankful that we have time in excess and dream many dreams for the new year.

No comments: