About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 11, 2016

Pokemon Go


It is true what some locals have said about this new craze.
All the campaigns, posters on diseased organs or people who are less ambulant - didn't quite succeed to get a lot of us off our comfy seats and out there to get some much needed exercise.  We had Brisk Walking clubs from as far back as 15 years ago, yet mostly, retirees are the ones into it.
Given that most of us are out of the door, before sunrise, or just barely 2 hours after sunrise, where is the time to do that much needed run or walk lest we are late catching the train.

I'm one of those super lazy ones - prefer the comfort of my own home, cool aircon all day - hot coffee within reach -

Last weekend, CHANGED EVERYTHING!

I was out, not just on a freak day out...but every day over the weekend and public holiday - beads of perspiration popping like pimples - getting a suntan - and that much needed 5km walk.

All because I downloaded POKEMON GO.

I had to hatch the 5km eggs.....by walking....plus the one way to level up from 1 is to catch POKEMONs.

Just when I thought, this is what semi-retiring is like - wake up late when there are no chores/work, water the plants, watch tv, cook, bake.
This weekend, changed all that.
I was OUT THERE in between chores - trying to perfect a POKEBALL throw.

I am so bad, it took like almost 20 POKEBALLS once, to catch the furry.

It's been 4 days and my life has evolved.
I'm not nuts to walk 5km a day, but half of that is doable - given that the app must be opened - and since I don't have a power bank, my time outside, is limited.

So I ordered a new iPhone, which is arriving tomorrow.  New phone, new battery.

A lot of my friends, colleagues are playing this too - gives us something to laugh about besides the 'normal' stuff.

It will take me a long time, to understand what needs to be done etc, but that's ok.  I'm getting plenty of exercise in the meantime.

To all who play, let the game bring us all closer - or get to know each other....
I hope that people who are not gamers, but more social type people, to please don't have this GOD COMPLEX about yourself.

I did come across a grouch, who told me to please don't suddenly stop in my tracks.

I wanted to say something rude, but I chose not to, because I was too busy catching a POKEMON.  Catching that Pokemon was more important than his comments - that should be a brush off enough.

I wanted to tell him, well, if you're driving, the car behind is always in the wrong for tailgating, should the car in front suddenly hit the brakes.

People should stop thinking that Pokemon Go is bad.  I think playing useless games like the swipe all 3 to clear the board, is a lot more time wasting than this game.  So if people are into it coz their grandchildren are, and they are not really gamers, please don't send your ugly comments to those who are just having fun - I was in a huge Shopping Mall - people stop walking abruptly, not just because of this game, but also when they are looking at the wares for sale, or just changing their mind in the direction they are taking.

Stop trying to exert your importance where it's not needed.


















No comments: