About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 23, 2017

Korean Drama - Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes



It just gets better!
I now have bought more Korean OSTs for my playlist!

The reviews I have read for this drama series are fair, which was why I decided to watch it.  I'm not a follower of 'crowds' and much prefer to come to my own conclusion. When reviews are too much of the same, then it's pointless watching - but if controversies are possible, then it's worth to watch.  If predictable is what I want, there is no need to watch dramas but instead just look around me.

So I generally will watch dramas/movies, which has a mixed review....not that some must be negative, but dramas with 'talking points', like this series.

The first few episodes were done well actually.  How a father copes having lost his wife, who was survived by his daughter, now blind.  The guilt must have been huge.  With all that success as a doctor, he couldn't manipulate the donor list for his daughter....money couldn't fix his situation.
Fast-forward to the cross-roads and we watch how a father gave in to his selfish instincts but ethics drew him back from the darkness.  Nevertheless, the eventual death (caused by another external party) made him believe he was the causal factor.....his guilt, unwarranted, gave this Series it's story.

Many episodes down, we find out about the web of deceit.  Without the web, there will be no drama...so webs are important i.e. defining moments for a series.  On a parallel, there may be moments in our lives, where we are backed to some corner....to choose....and not everyone will make the morally correct or ethical choice.  Mostly we choose according to our circumstances.

When Lee Sang Yoon began his first episode in Angel Eyes....it stunned me.  I'm new to K-Drama yet his face was so familiar.  It's his dimples and persona on set.  Put him in a lab coat and I was sold.  I frantically searched about this drama after the episode and realised it was him, from On the Way to the Airport!



I loved the ending.  There were pockets of the plot, I had questions about....but because it ended well, I forgot about them.

I don't like the idea that the women, in the dramas so far, seem to always be the one walking away but I guess, in real life, in my life, it's true.

People should watch this, so that we can remind ourselves that being a parent isn't easy....that we are all human and TOO ERR IS HUMAN......yet ethical conduct must prevail and money mustn't ever win any battles......but the most important take away is, that soul mates meet and once they do, they do.  Fate is there but destiny is also up to us.
People are in our lives because of past matters.....the past should not matter, but IT DOES.  It always does.




































No comments: