About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 22, 2017

Korean Drama - Second to Last Love

Second to Last Love





This is another interesting Korean Drama - in fact, I now understand why a lot of my friends are hooked to Korean Dramas....it's easy to watch and most plots surround our reality....there might be some difference, but it's subtle and still very acceptable.

This series is about two people....mid-life....'alone' and dedicated to their respective choices.  The female lead is typical of strong, independent women....single by choice and drowning in work yet making allowances to appreciate the little things in life like nature.  The male lead, is a civil servant, who goes by the book...not very emo because he probably believes that rules do matter at the end of the day.  I find his character refreshing, in that, he's so tunnel-visioned about doing his job - as a father, as a mother, as a brother.....that he doesn't have time to give in to emotions the way most people do.  He feels only accidentally, I think.

In the end, they got together but the final episode didn't conclude the series with a wedding.  I'm glad. It tells me that, being single is OK.
We have gone past the age of being pretentious.
Why marry if dissolving it will bring everyone misery?
Best to just be together because you want to, not because a piece of paper tells you you have to....















No comments: