About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 30, 2017

Eve of the Eve

Another day, before the world begins our countdown to a New Year!


This is my character, home at The Goblet of FFXIV.

The media would have started on their stories looking back on 2017 as closing articles.

Of course, even as I decide to attend a BBQ tomorrow evening, there are other people to think about - people who will not be ushering the New Year, simply because of circumstances.  The friend I visited yesterday, is one of those people.

For their family, the New Year means they are closer to saying goodbye. 

Next year, will bring it's own challenges.  It's the Year of the Dog.  Frankly, I am not too certain if people will be better off generally.  2017 brought into the spotlight, brutal truth that people are not willing to accept.  The Jerusalem issue comes to mind.

Those who are in the habit of TAKING TAKING TAKING, will use that as the reason to kill others who do not share their religion. 

The world events may change, but the bottom line remains the same.  If one is selfish, one can never be unselfish.  If one is accustomed to tantrums to get something, that wouldn't change either.

Frankly, if any religion has teachings which honour the killing of followers of another religion, then THAT isn't a religion at all.
Religions came about to promote love for all.
It is not just a Christian belief.

It's nonsense that there is A GOD, who gave the green light to kill at pleasure.

Yet because people are not constructively busy raising their families, working to support their families and keeping themselves gainfully employed, they have FREE TIME - for isn't the saying
AN IDLE MIND IS THE DEVIL'S WORKSHOP?

So perhaps, a lot of governments in the world should borrow a page from our humble governing body here - make people work hard so they don't have time to dabble in nonsense.  Make people fear the law because in a lot of countries, their laws are a joke.

Here, we may not have the freedom of speech, simply because RESPECT must come first.  If we have that, then we will know better than to shoot our foul mouth off just because we can.  Respect means, we are not careless about how we address others.

Regardless of where each people will be, come the New Year, the day will still arrive.
How we ride the tide - rough seas or calm waters, will depend pretty much on whether we believe that there is always a big picture.  If we can't see it, it's because it's not time yet. 

So today, I thank GOD and the angels in heaven, for always walking with me - had I been walking alone, I would have perished multiple times over.  I was never alone. 

One thing my friend told me yesterday was that I seemed to be happier than he ever remembered me to be.  I actually got him to laugh, in his despair.

I told him - GOD keeps me well - GOD drives my cart - GOD uses SATAN to keep unwanted people from me.  No regrets.  I can tell myself that I have no regrets, but when an old friend tells us what they see, then we know that ah....I wasn't kidding myself.....

THANK YOU GOD for 2017 and May Your Blessings rain upon us to give us renewed birth for 2018!





No comments: