About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 28, 2017

Tears when it's Cheer time

Days before the New Year, an old friend, someone I have lost touch with, sent me a Christmas Greeting.
At first I thought - perhaps it was a mass send from his phone.  But I sent back a Christmas greeting with a note, generic, as cultured people do.

To my horror, he told me his wife has Stage 4 advanced Cancer.

I was stumped.  The one thing I was bad at doing was dealing with families of the terminally ill.  I never felt the words said to matter, because someone was loosing everything and nothing can comfort them.

I offered coffee. 
He called me.
So now we are meeting at the hospital - he invited me to visit his wife. 
I had to say yes, although I have no idea HOW and WHAT to say to her and him and their young children.

During the conversation, he asked about me, my family and everything.....I told him, I'm not important, my troubles, even if I had any, cannot match what he is facing now. 

When I chose to raise my son, alone, it was my choice.  We are now living better, with God's blessing.  Everyday, Mother resides with us, protecting us and keeping us well.  I have nothing more to ask of her.  When a trusted person tried to screw me up, Mother intervened and the huge problem he was hoping to created, frizzled out in an hour literally.  When the trusted friend, after having escaped prison and a caning tried to evict my son and me from our temporary refuge, I got another immediately and just under 5 months, I bought a new apartment - the apartment I have been wanting from the time it was available.

I never doubted that Mother would abandon me, even when mortals try their best Satanic trick. 
What mortals do for the devil, they will pay with their dying soul.  That much I know.

Now what has happened to my this friend, who has never done wrong to me, is tragic.

I know that whatever trials we have in our lives, are put there so that we grow to be stronger. 
I know that GOOD PEOPLE seem to always be the punching bag for the devil. 
I know that GOD allows such things to happen because He knows we have the strength to overcome it.
I know that it's unfair to seem to be punishing good people, but that is the devil's way of showing the little power he has.

So today, I offer this serenity prayer for my friend and his family.

I pray that he will find comfort and that he will strengthen his Faith that all WILL be as it's meant to be.











No comments: