About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 17, 2006

superstition and me


Superstition. I have asked myself many times if it even exists. But when things don't go the way we planned, there is always this tendency to put the blame on something else. We externalise. That's human nature. We do that so we don't have to address the larger negative picture. Negative is such a bleak word. We like to believe that we are proactive and doing everything right. Yet, in order to finally fix a 'wrong', we need to first understand how it didn't go right and do the repair work from there. Perhaps we need some cosmic power somewhere to set the mood for a greater goal - pave the rocky way and remove all obstacles from our destination! If only life was so straightforward. Whatever we need to believe in, and whatever it may be called, it fuels our desire to get THERE. This may be the 21st Century, and superstition may not be the in-thing, but if I can get to where I want, minus the stress, then I would not want to take a chance that it does exist. Because right now, i'm sitting at the wrong place, with a wrong facing, having poison arrows and basically, a place even the master of feng shui couldn't fix.

No comments: