About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 14, 2007

'optional gifts'

With each new day in December, the dreaded week draws too near - the week of gift shopping.
Generally, women have been labelled 'shoppers' - because we could do that all day and not complain about our poor aching feet. Although I'm a woman, that gene was omitted when GOD made me. I have zero patience and is the most unlikely person to zip in-and-out of malls just to pick up a gift.
I shall not subject myself to 'feeling' like sardines or be a participant in some 'blue-light' special. That doesn't mean I shop without much thought. I am the shopper who plans, plans, plans.
Before that dreaded week - like the past few weeks, I would have spent time, thinking about gifts. Once decided - just go in the store, pick it up, get it wrapped and put it under the tree.

That doesn't mean one should pay more for things. Trade that few dollars for crowd-less shopping.

'Optional' gifts, on the other hand requires more time because those are statement gifts - gifts for people who do not expect one, but those you want to remember this season for whatever they represent in your life.

The 'expected' gifts are for mothers/fathers/sisters/brothers/gift exchange/kids/wags/habs.

'Expected' gifts - should have already been decided on by now ; if not, then you're way behind schedule - and would most likely be squashed like sardines in a tin, as christmas eve draws near.

The 'optional' gift is the one, which takes up your sleeping and waking moments - and it'll probably consume most of your sensible time - because this gift will be wrapped with everything christmas is really about.

But the noted thing about the 'optional' gift is : it's probably the most important box of all.

Think about it : Look at all the wrapped boxes.
There will be one, that's screaming "I"M OPTIONAL"
During christmas, it's not a bad thing to be THE OPTIONAL one at all.

No comments: