About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 21, 2007

Ragging - it was worth it

I was ragged that day by my colleague about dressing & it's not about dress codes.

Being in frontline work, it's always important to keep to corporate standards - on paper and otherwise. Most of us would dress according to the schedule for the day. If we had a meeting penned in, we would make sure the attire justifies the agenda.

Trouble is, some find 3-piece suits unsurprising.
Perhaps they prefer a more let-your-hair-down image for me - which they do see on fridays, a standard dress-down day for most organisations. Perhaps, on a personal note, we tend to respond according to how we dress. I don't know how much that is true - but since a comment has been made, then it's appropriate to think about it.

I preach the 'don't bother about what people say' rule - but this one needed to be posted.

Our new colleagues had a hilarious time, listening to the animated version of how I was 3 years ago, present-day and what they would like to see. I never imagined that my dressing fascinates people and not always in the right sense !
The person sharing this journey must have been a story teller because the laughter she drew from all around the table was like magic - at that moment, all everyone saw was synergy, inspite of the constant disagreements we have had throughout the year.

I was ragged, yes, but it was worth it, since that drew many wide smiles, teary laughter and brought everyone a bit closer together.

No comments: