About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 04, 2019

Audacity of it all

What's up with people who keep trying to merge past and present?

For starters, SOME people are able to move on, without tripping over baggage....I am one of the SOME. 
It's probably called 'heartless', 'heart of stone', 'inhuman' (not inhumane) - whatever people like to label it, that's me - a person who is able to store all the bitterness, anger in some abyss with no gps locator, and continue living my life.

Now, for all my bad choices in life, I have had to start, re-start life, several times.
Do I regret - NO. 
Why - coz I know re-starting is just an accelerated busy which will just ease out. Plus, that gives me first-hand experience to boot.

What people don't expect is for me to always come out on top.
What people don't think about is why I don't get affected.

Firstly, because I earn my own keep, money is secondary.  It always is.  How much I want to have, is determined by me, not anyone else.  I never ever have to worry about getting too much because of this reason or that.  For years now, I'm semi-retired.  If I retire now, I'll be too bored.

I don't have huge trust funds, nor did I bother to hang around my ageing parents to get some money before they passed.  I can stand tall today and any day, that I AM A SELF-MADE PERSON.  I never married anyone who supported me financially.  Never forced child maintenance upon them.  NEVER asked for shares in the HDB flat after divorce.

These are the reasons why, I can just walk OUT and OFF.

Favours I do, comes with a karmic price-tag.
If people don't know that then well, they are obviously not very bright.

This is also why, I don't bother.  When people fail me, I move on and accept the next challenge.

I knew my purpose in life, long time ago - and I live my life with pride.

What disgusts me is when outsiders try to poke into my business because they expect that I have emotions like them....want to preserve family ties, etc.

BOTTOM LINE
If one has lived life independently, free from noisy useless inputs of others, & is at one's best, one will not desire to introduce variables into this balanced construct. 

If it's not your business, stay out of it.
If it's supposed to be your business, it would never have been an issue for starters.

If someone hasn't bothered to locate you, it's because you're of no value to them - and by that I'm not talking about DOLLARS. 

In any case, 2019 is starting out well and if this momentum continues, it will be over faster than 2018.

Faster is better for everyone.  Tribulation can't arrive quicker.








No comments: