About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 07, 2019

Life Choices - stick to it!

What I find most annoying is when people decide on a course, after causing a tsunami, and then back track because it suits them better.

This is not about 'hey I made a mistake'.  Such people NEVER will admit it's their mistake, that's the problem.  They will turn and point fingers to anyone else, who isn't in their line of vision. 

I had to learn things the hard way - simply because my parents, never bothered to be parents.  They don't talk to us children, neither do they have conversations with us.  Yet, my generation grew up well.  In fact, we tended to do better - in terms of our ability to survive the toils. Perhaps we did not have the distraction of IT to set us off the tangent.  All we had was time....time to think about the best solution....time to think about how to fix a problem.  We did not believe in hand-outs. 

Today, I see children, just waiting at the sidelines for some.  Doesn't matter how much...ten dollars, ten thousand dollars....they are so into freebies that they don't care about their moral conduct.

Nways, lucky me, I'm past this.  I don't have to actually deal with it.  I hear about it.  I see it.  BUT it isn't something that I have to manage.  These are not my adult children.

My bottom line, at this start of the new year, is simple.

Have some pride.
Make a choice, stick to it.  If it doesn't work out, re-draw the path and try another.
By that I do not mean, find another scapegoat.
I mean, learn from what didn't work and work on what has a better possibility of succeeding.

Be your own person.  It's a lot to ask.  To ask people to HAVE SOME PRIDE, SAVE SOME FACE.

Do that so that when you are dying, you know you have lived your life well.

No comments: