About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 15, 2019

Spend SGD in SGD

Singaporeans cancel CNY shopping trips to Johor




Wow, I'm glad to hear that at least I'm not alone.  I started going over to JB to buy the famous Eureka popcorn last year.  But once the nonsense started, I stopped.  I don't spend much there, but still, I felt that I should support our economy and grow a thin skin.  Why should I rush there, get stuck in the massive traffic jam, only to have them look at us as if we are HARDUP.

Yes, it's way cheaper to buy the popcorn there, but you know what, I can always buy something else for the household.  We could just revert to DORITOS.

This annoying issue with the powerhouse across the causeway is really OLD.  Don't people move on?  If their idea of building a neighbourly relationship means bullying us, then sorry, why should we spend our SGD there?

Of course there are Singaporeans who still cross over to fill up petrol in their cars - to which I have this to say:  If you wanna be so petty about money you spend on your car, perhaps it is time to take public transportation.

Some others live and study here....but they rent out their HDB flat.  To them it's a win-win.
Well, money is and always will be hard-earned...easy money never lasts - but I guess if people choose to wake up very early in the morning for school and work here, then it's their 'quality of life' in question.  If they can live with that, then that's not my problem.  I still get my full 8 hours of sleep and zero stress when shuttling between work and home. 

Difficult to question loyalty - since if we start this up, some people may think we are meddling in politics.
The truth of the matter is not politics.
It's about pride.

The other side has obviously taken our SGD spending there for granted. 
They threaten our water supply, they intrude our waters and they keep re-drawing their map.

Sound familiar?

All I know is, Malaysia will no longer be my destination of choice for even holidays now.  I rather just fly to Thailand. 
I'm just glad, I'm not the only Singaporean who feel that we should and must stand with our government and the law.

It's either that, or we get taken for a long wild ride.





No comments: