About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 14, 2006

My theory on SleePing

Every morning, it takes me a whole load of psychological crap to wake up. I'm not a morning person. Circumstances have forced me to be up and about way before the sun peeps out from the horizon. After doing this for weeks on end, my system is just malfunctioning - sleeping has never been this easy for me. I heard of people wishing for more hours in a day but if I had a wish, it'll be for longer nights -
I'm all for efficiency in whatever that we set out to do - I wonder if that included sleep. We take sleeping as resting - it is important for us to sleep well. Gone are the days when I could stay up all night and still function the next working day with barely an hour of sleep.
I remember times when I said, 'I'll sleep on it', but right now, I'm more likely to say "Talk about it in the morning". Unknowingly, I have given my snooze time some priority. I no longer think about things before I fall asleep. I just fall asleep. I think I've come to this phrase in my life where I need some space to just rest - a desire for some peace, a little quiet and silence.
So for all the times I have driven myself to being a slave to my ambitions at the expense of sleep, let me admit that I was wrong. I should have slept a little more when I really could - then.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Or, u could look for a school with afternoon sessions...