About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 03, 2006

Xmas vs CNY


It's a brand new year in the chinese calendar and with it comes new hope for most. When we celebrate christmas, we celebrate the gift of love, given so many years ago, for the salvation of man. We remember people who have no families, no home, basically, people not as fortunate as ourselves. Chinese New Year, on the other hand, focuses more on new hope for the coming year. At least that's how I view it. Perhaps it is just me, reacting according to what I picked up over the years. The celebration of this event has always been about looking forward. I never felt nostalgic over Chinese New Year - it was less dramatic than that. Chinese New Year provided me a fixed season to set my goals - I have never been a person who loves going from house to house, just to say hello. For me, a telephone call now and then more than suffices.
I wonder if I've grown to be a wannabe recluse because I prefer to be alone yet I do have friends, good friends. So, just to appease myself, I use this festive season to be like most regular people - check the current status of the inner circle of people, send them all good wishes and promise to meet again real soon.
Honestly, I'm a Christmas person at heart, with a Chinese New Year need to have a PLAN.
Gong Xi Fa Cai!

1 comment:

xingyiquan5 said...

gong hay fah choy!
Oakland is blowing up, light up some firecrackers and bai bai to the ancestors.

Blessings on you and yours.

xyq