About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 27, 2006

Dare to dream

For so long, I have debated over whether living elsewhere was better for me. I had my sights on Koala land because I see myself totally completing my graduate programme there. Although I've almost given up on the idea of moving base, I have not written off my academic dreams. I also know that as long as I stay in fast-paced Singapore, my dreams are becoming an illusion.
Last week, we had a training session and reminded of the importance of dreaming - yet whilst growing up, teachers used to yell "ARE YOU DREAMING?", making that a bad thing to do. So how are we, after years of negativity on dreaming, dare to dream?
I stopped dreaming because dealing with reality is far less disappointing and being a pragmatist, what else could I settle for? BUT, has that, in any way, short-changed me in my goals? I hope to think not, because my graduate studies are not just a vision for me, it has escalated to be my birth right!
The coined terms may have changed but if we look closer, it's still my dream - and like all well-adjusted adults, I have merely changed the naming label. So, for every dream that gets squashed in class, let's just say, "no worries" - it's really temporary.... until our vocabulary expands.

No comments: