About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 05, 2006

under the weather

As the world becomes more ill because of pollution and a continued disregard for trees, so have we. I have never felt weaker in all my life than I do right now. My immune system just refuses to work for me anymore!
Then comes the question : what do we need to do to keep up? Most times, I would catch the bug when its a bud - not allowing myself to get severely ill...the idea of a virus impairing my mobility makes me more determined than ever to get back on my feet. However, this time around, the doctor required me to rest, rest and rest. He may be right - even on days when I am not officially working, I'm working - perhaps, I just do not understand the word "OFF" or "REST".
Sitting idle is just not my idea of spending the day - after all, we cannot ever turn back time and re-live the day. If we waste it, we never get it back. I don't have this desperate need to work, I just love to be doing something.
So, I'm back at the office today, after 2 days, and my eyes are still heavy, probably still laden with meds....but well, life has to go on, even if we are under the weather, because for each day we don't contribute, it's a day of wasted opportunities. For me, opportunities does not simply mean closing a deal because in my book, painting a wall falls into the same bracket. Yes, painting is therapy for me, as with cleaning bird cages, washing the fish tank and bathing the dog. It makes me more humane - at least I think so....

No comments: