About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 04, 2006

A matter of Principle


It's been a week since I came back from a work trip to KL. Something happened there. When sharing hotel rooms, it's almost understood that we do not invite guests to the room especially when it's 5.15am in the morning and your room-mate is dead asleep. It's a matter of common decency that a basic rule of thumb applies. However, I had no such luck that last trip.
After partying all night, a drunk 28-year old, invited her pick-up to MY ROOM, without waking me up. In the worst case scenario, we could have been killed - as the person was local. What amazes me is that the head of the department didn't try to understand why I was raving mad. He was apparently very high as well. It didn't help that he wasn't the kind that had straight relationships. We resolved this after I blew up, gave her a shelling of her life till she cried.
It didn't help that she expected me to trust her judgement, because for starters, she was the wannabe-type, going around hoping for people to notice that she is from the upper-ten - which she clearly was not. I have no qualms if people needed an ego boost now and then, but every day is way over my limit.
And so, for what was my final night in KL, became the night to remember, because someone wasn't reminded that IT WAS A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE - and you don't even need to be in the upper-ten to know that.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Wow. Just saw this post. It's craziness! Maybe u shld come back.. u're in the dark side...