About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 31, 2006

Frisco


I have not grieved for a loss in a long time. The last traumatic time was about 6 years ago when my cat died. After that, I didn't ever want another pet I could really bond with. It was sadness that required coping and time for healing.
Yesterday, I brought home an amazon, 7 months old. I didn't have the strength to go back to an 'empty perch'. Tears will not bring Ash back, and anger surely isn't going to solve my already complicated situation.
I spent time working through the cages, figuring out who needed a home, yet wouldn't chew my fingers off out of fear. Frisco stepped up and stayed on my arm - refused to go back into his cage there - at that moment, I had to bring him home - he was sensitive enough to know I was sad and not afraid of a strange hand.
For me, Frisco is not a replacement - he is here to comfort me - and comfort he did, because when I disappeared into the study, he came off his perch and walked towards the study. Perhaps I am in need of a 'home' more than them - it's a laugh, but we need to do that once in a way.

No comments: