About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 28, 2008

crossroads again

Crossroads are inevitable. We come across them often, and we do not always take the correct turn. Sometimes we do not even stop to think about the 3 alternative routes, preferring to just let someone else take the wheel or let the steering go and see where the vehicle takes us. It's not always dead ahead - because if the wheels are not properly aligned, the vehicle may skew towards one side.
Point is, we may have a general heading, but we do not necessarily have to go that way.

For people who do not go with the flow, it's tiring when we are often required to decide on a route. Times like this, I'm almost envious of people who are always on the fence, never wanting to make any decision on anything, preferring to just sway with the wind, like fallen leaves. I'm not a fallen leaf, and I certainly do not appreciate swaying in the wind, lest I get motion-sickness.

As a matter of principle, I always prefer to know what I'm getting myself into and walk the path I wish - so that I'm answerable to myself and have only myself to blame, when I don't succeed.
Walking the path I wish, may not always be my first choice, because in life, what we want is not necessarily what the moment will allow.

Today, will be another turning point in my work life.
I have zero emotions - because work is never emotional for me.
Work aside, emotions are personal - not something I share.

Crossroads or not, any decision will affect someone. We cannot shield everyone.

No comments: