About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 11, 2008

spherical thoughts

I have often wondered who ever coined the term 'cycle' - the term is used to describe just about any situation that seems to go back to a certain square one, without inferring the negative. Some examples are life cycle, viral cycle, karmic cycle, water cycle and so on.

I do wonder, why everything must go in a circle/spherical motion - why not just move forward or backwards, why always round and round? Perhaps living on a spherical planet doesn't help our imagination much, but is there another planet which is not spherical?

If planet earth was a cube, would we then say, life cube? or the virus will have to expand in the cube, so no antibiotics are required?

Perhaps where we orignate, populate and live, would determine how our mind would relate to the events that are happening. If that's the case, then I do wonder what people were thinking when the earth was thought to be flat.

Such information never intrigued me because I always held the opinion that what's in the archives cannot possibly affect my present situation so much that it will steer it onto a different course - hence, history never caused a ripple in my breath.

If we moved away from thinking spherical, we cannot say, what goes around, comes around.

we would probably say : you will fall off the edge if you're looking to push someone else over.

that doesn't deliver quite the same thing, but then, it could be because my mind has been conditioned on a spherical rhythm - so thinking flat is a problem.

No comments: