About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 25, 2014

Bad seed, bad fruit

Book Cover
Whatever happened recently, somehow propelled me, in the reverse (not in a bad way) back to what I strongly believe - that not all forms of role-modelling, parenting or education is absorbed into our person.

Many times, we find parents baffled, because hard as they tried to raise their child well, to be respectful of societal mores and to be ethically in line with moral codes, they sometimes face defeat.

On most days, I try not to judge and I do what I can, within my reach, to lend a hand.  Sometimes, my gut tells me that people cannot change so bail out, yet other times, I empathize.

My reading material is usually Psych-based - since I am passionate about it, besides being a Psych major.  This book intrigues me because it discusses simply, why a person could have had the best home to grow up in, loving family and good opportunities, yet fail so much to be 'contributing' citizens of society.  By that, I do not mean, just by their paying their taxes on time.

I do know many people, who do not have a full-time professional job, yet spend hours a week doing voluntary work to help those in greater need (than themselves).

What I have learnt again is :
People will use people if they are self-centered individuals and there will be no qualms on their part.
People will attempt to be more of who they are not, when they are desperate. In this case, this person pretended to care about the people who were lending him a hand, yet once he was in the clear, those same people were 'worthless' to him; not even good enough FOR him, because he flies a plane for a living and to him, thats a huge deal.

People will pretend to care, by asking after your friends (who are assisting him in his problem) often yet after the tornado tides down, he is back to his status quo of them not really being his friend in the first place.

People who cry (hes a 48 year old man btw) when thinking he might go to prison, then after that tells you he appreciates their help but he never asked for it - are worse than crocodiles - Put a crocodile next to him and I now know that I am 'safer' sitting next to a crocodile.

This person, flaunts the law, got slapped with a fine (on another matter, during the same time frame) yet now turns around to say he was unjustly accused and paid the fines for something which is not his fault.

Traits like these, should have been picked up by the interviewing panel 20 years ago when he applied for this flying job.  There are jokes about flight deck personnel being alpha male etc, but at least when I read about alpha males who are serial killers, I have yet to come across them bawling their eyes out like a toddler who needs his pacifier.

Help only those deserving of help.  People you know who are humble to begin with.  People without a chip on their shoulder.  People who know how to be appreciative and people who Play it Forward.

Am I bitter?
Hardly.
Just intent on passing the word around - that just because someone is an expensive hire, doesn't mean he has much worth on the Scale of Life.

No comments: