About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 31, 2014

Significance

The celebration for Lunar New Year began at dinner time today although the actual 'new lunar year' falls either on the 4th or 5th of Feb.
Anyways, I observe festivals BUT I do not go 'hog wild' since I know better (ha ha)

The little things I observe include having the popular cookies on the dining table, having MORE than enough rice grains in the rice container AND most importantly, this pineapple.

The belief is prosperity and wealth AND what I found out today, is gambling luck !  (Thing is, I don't gamble literally or otherwise)

AND so, I was wondering where to park this cute pineapple, since I didn't think about that before purchase.  Armed with pineapple in hand, I surveyed the home and finally thought to park it with the lucky bamboo.

Now that I am looking at the picture - its actually looking like its a perfect fit.

My life goes on pretty much the same after this last item that's lunar new year.  Hopefully, the significance of having this and that WILL make this year a little less dramatic.

Its strange how everyone observes Dec 31st as the last day of the year - perhaps that's keeping with the global celebrations.  New Year for me, has always been Lunar New Year.  1st Jan is not significant for me, except it means school-going children will be in Malls less during the weekdays and that air tickets will not have a holiday surcharge.

I don't get nostalgic about Lunar New Year because its always been about the faith I have which is technically my personal relationship with a higher-being or 'GOD' as we know Him to be.

For all that I have had to put up with the past year,  I hope that will be the last.  This pineapple should bring me wealth in intellect, mind and happiness besides being able to survive day to day.


No comments: