About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 29, 2014

Know what I know or too bad

A beautiful scene taken in Sri Lanka
Perhaps what keeps us going when we loose sight of the 'beauty in life' are snapshots like this.
Simplicity is always beautiful.
I am a city person yet the times I have been off-city have always been memorable - unfortunately, I didn't vacation with my best friend but she kept me in the loop with photographs.

Over the course of my life, the different phases of my life, I have many times lost faith in the human race only to bounce back because the far n few made a difference in an otherwise cliche society (to me).  There will always be someone, usually an acquaintance who would remind me (by way of deed towards another) that maybe I just attract the bad apples, people who know that the little ounce of empathy that I have should be exploited.

I have 2 very good pals - we've been pals for years and years ; through almost everything; No matter how bad our personal situation can be, we still had our customary meets/lunches or vacations - none of us tries to be the 'know-it-all' because we know that we are individuals who have chosen to walk different paths, yet managed to keep our friendship sane.

As the lunar new year draws near, I can feel myself getting nostalgic for the good ole days, when everything was home-made.  That meant, everyone was around to help out in baking, cooking, marketing.   The past week, I have done nothing but buy the lunar new year goodies, because I am far too lazy to bake.

No matter how 'evolved' my thinking have become over the years, the sense of the approaching new year always gives me hope.  Hope that I will have learnt to let people be; don't help them unless they really spell it out and that people deserve what they get most times.

Its not a harsh thought, but more one to keep me from being swallowed by people who just use use and use.  Thoughtless people.

Do I wish ill upon them?
Yes, to be brutally honest.
Because they would be in jail and jobless if not for the help my friends extended.
Where I come from, the alleged crime carries a sentence of caning - and sure, he would have been caned too.

What have I done?
I have contributed to helping this person through his darkest years (3 years) and he learnt ziltch from that experience.

SO, I feel terrible for not having thought that a person like that had it coming and that at least, a convicted killer has the gall to admit to his crime with pride, instead of lying about it after the fact.  BUT then, a convicted person has been convicted, its what he wants - acknowledgement; unlike this fail-case of a male who goes on prancing about the place like he was wronged.

Well, that's why this picture of a sunset is so apt for me.
Sunset is NOW - so if it is setting, it is setting.
I am not going to say 'look, that means sunrise is soon' - I'm just going to assume that if I know, they know.  I was told, I always expected people to think like me, so I tried to make minute adjustments and that worked out very poorly for me.

No comments: