About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 19, 2006

April


April was the first success. Unfortunately, April expired on Easter Sunday. April had a splayed left leg - our vet managed to aligned the leg on a sponge, but somehow, I knew that April would never make it. Perhaps the parents were inexperienced - yet, that's never reason enough to loose the first chick. So, on a rainy afternoon, April was buried, just 4 days after hatching.
In my life, pets have always been my constant joy. My childhood memories were punctuated with pet encounters. There never was a time in my life when I didn't have some pet or other. Growing up as the oldest child made me a very sufficient, private person. I was not one who only appreciated speciality pets - most times, it was the unwanted ones that ended up with me. They kept me company and I have always told my own family, that I have never gone a day without food, because of a stray.
I never got to know April, yet, it tugged sad strings and I lagged for an entire day. I guess, for the unemotionally outward person that I am, it's a change for those looking on, but that IS me. I do feel - I just don't make that my trademark.

No comments: