About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 16, 2008

being consistent

The best thing about 'doing your own thing' is, the opportunity to excel to limits only you can set for yourself.
The reason why some of us continuously move forward to explore different pastures, is boredom, but the driving force for such boldness is challenges.

It's never wrong to be content, but for a person like me, contentment is like brakes. I know there should be some slowing down with age, but for me, it will kill my interest to make a difference.

When I decided to leave the social services, it was because I found the task endless with a lot of solutions buried in the system, with no bridging answers. It was too huge a problem for a single person like me to solve and counselling was never something I enjoyed. I may have been trained to do that, but we are the authors of our life and whether we get out of the rut, depends very much on how helpless we think we are.

Today, years later, I still know it's the correct decision to have left.
That's the important thing for each one of us - to know what we are doing and to understand what we are doing. Once that is clear, we can move forward without looking back with regret.

To be blessed, is to know where we are and where we are headed.
That's the most important bit of all. I have left jobs for less valid reasons.

I may seem to have regressed - back to my 'throw in the towel' stage, but actually that's not it.
I have remained consistent in my behaviour - I am back. Good or bad, I'm happy, that matters the most.

No comments: