About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 06, 2008

waking up

If anyone out there is thinking about moving on, this would be a good piece to read.

I have been toying with the idea of leaving my job. For those who know me well, it's been going on for at least 2 years. It wasn't the money, because for the work I do, it's pittens. What got to me over time was the Management's zest to keep us all in the office daily yet gunning us down for sales income. In my opinion, sales people should be out there, wheeling and dealing, bringing in the bacon, not gossiping in the office.
Then there are situations where ball-carriers get away with inefficiency. It doesn't matter if you screw up, just be an expert in sucking up and you're all set.
Then there are people who are followers. Doesn't matter if the journey will end at the tip of the land, falling into the nether-world!

I threw in the towel because staying would mean insulting my intelligence.
Before, I was a slave to my gross salary, always thinking that every job will be the same.
After I started 8 weeks of post-grad school, I know what is more important, my future.

Perhaps after not reading (school) for sometime, I became complacent and comfortable. I wasn't an achiever anymore. I opted to have my professional ethics bashed over and over again. Waking up for work became a chore.

I'm more alert now, back on track to me, the way I know myself to be.

I have sent in my resignation and finally, I am really laughing and happy again.
We need money to survive in this world, but when our integrity is being compromised, then draw the line. Money can buy a lot, but never us, in totality.

No comments: