About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 29, 2008

being a better person

What makes a person different from another? In the good sense.
It has to be a person's ability to respect another person.

It could be at a formal meeting or even a social gathering - but sincerity and honesty must be the order of the day. People like me, see through the fake airs and dry grey matter and the harder they try to impress, the worse my opinion gets.

I do not make it a habit to ignore people, blame people for my ignorance or even try to outdo them in a conversation. I try my best to accept people for who they are - after all, many of us have hang ups which we do not wish to address or even know about. I can play along this pretend game, until it weaves itself into the personality of a person. When that happens, that's all you remember about that person - unpleasantness.

We should strive to become better people. People who respect others because each an every single life on this earth matters. Forget about the haves and have-nots - see beyond that. There are have-nots who are better people than all the haves. When they do not have, it doesn't mean they failed in life - it simply means that they are larger people - to be able to cope with putting food on the table. We do not trample on them - we should take our hats off to them for having the strength to do that. They are the CEOs of bitter life - the reality of it all.

We may feel like we made it materially - but when we are on our death bed, it wouldn't be our liquidity that we worry about.

No comments: