About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 18, 2008

open book sharing

A gf called me yesterday. Haven't spoken to her in a year and a half. Haven't even conversed over the email. She just called. In between laughter, she asked me how was my bird....
That was the warmest question ever, because Frisco is very very dear to me. To think that someone, who isn't even in my inner circle, appreciated how dear he is to me, is simply amazing.

We have friends who represent different facets of our life, and what amazes me most, is that she took the trouble to understand what's important to me, although I do not even share a cup of coffee with her. Most times, we have always talked about work.

Perhaps that's why it's important that we do not assume to be someone we are not. When people know we are straightforward, there is some value to that acquaintance-ship. I like to think that I don't beat around the bush about work or anything that mattered. It doesn't make me an extrovert - I am not an extrovert - so the personality tests tell me. BUT I believe that when we are sincere, we sleep better. There will never be a need to be different.

As people walk in and out of our lives, we should try to be ourselves, and if they remember, then we know that we did make some impact in our meets. After all, life is not about pure enjoyment, it's about what we shared and what's to be remembered, by whoever that shares that moment.

No comments: