About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 09, 2008

no more salary

This morning, is the first morning in a long time, when I wake up and actually look forward to the rest of the day. Its' my first OFFICIAL DAY after my resignation. I managed to plod along for so very long, that being this free is such a welcome change.
I can actually get things done, without thinking about whether I should take leave or not.

I think that's the telling thing. If waking up for work means sighing and just forcing yourself to get it done, then it's time to move. The worst thing that could happen to anyone is to be burdened with having to go to work and facing the bunch of colleagues who are supposed to be helpful, but fall short in many selfish ways. Perhaps this applies to the Type A personality - but generally, I think it's dreadful for anyone when the job scene gets this bad.

Yes we all need a salary - but never in all my working life, have I tolerated so much for so long. I have left for much lesser reasons. Perhaps, I have grown older and become more patient. BUT the bottom line is this: If it's not working out, and all new measures are just making things worse - don't look for greener pastures - look for challenges that will make us more successful as people. The money will take care of itself. Money can buy a whole lot, but it cannot buy my book of ethics.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

whoa... shocker! i think we need to meet up soon! since u're no longer bogged down with CI... heh... wanna do lunch? dinner? :P