About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 21, 2008

earning money, loosing elsewhere

The best thing about leaving a 9-6 job is getting more than enough sleep. I used to sleep by 10.30pm and up by 5.30am, but these days, I can manage sleeping around midnite and waking up around 7/8am. It's amazing - not that I deliberately chose to sleep late, my brain just reverted.
Although it's about the same number of hours of sleep per day, I wake up better rested than before. Perhaps it's the type of work that has caused me so much of stress. Although the main vocation did not change, the environment certainly has, and I cannot say it's for the worse.
Sleep is crucial to our well being, because that's when our body repairs itself. Yet, that same number of hours did nothing for me before. People I have not met in 2 years are shocked that I looked so different - not necessarily in the better sense. Apparently, I have lost so much of weight and my cheeks are not as chubby as before. I have lost the sparkle in my eyes.
For the salary I was paid, this was not worth it.
My life may have lots of stressors, but I was never this way.
We must always remember that when the job doesn't suit us, move on.
Sure, it's always about money, but at the end of the day, money can be made, but our health cannot be recovered after the damage.

No comments: