About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 21, 2009

Kuih Bangkit

This is what happens after a very stressful week - stressful but economically viable week.

I sourced the internet for a kuih bangkit recipe, because it's a good snack and it probably isn't as messy as making Lamingtons.

It turned out ok - wish I had the correct sized cutter though, but it's okay, if you like bangkit, then size really doesn't matter - it's the texture.

What we need is just flour, a bit of melted butter, coconut milk, icing sugar and a good idea of how the dough texture should be. I think trial and error will get anyone to the consistency they like. That's how I usually figure recipes out and usually they turn out ok - may not be the greatest, but it's ok.

Because I had large cookie cutters, I couldn't get more out of the dough, and I didn't want to double the quantity since it's my first attempt - wanted to be sure it's ok.

Now that I've baked this successfully, it's time to hit the books - statistics.

4 weeks to exams and there's a lot to cover - but thank goodness for my baby belling, otherwise, i would probably go nuts. As with all people, we need an outlet - and the sooner we understand how we de-stress ourselves, the better it is.

No comments: