About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 17, 2009

we don't even need to be smart anymore

Sometimes people just think I'm dumb and can be 'eaten'. I do not know what ever gave them the idea, since I have had to fight for everything in my life. It happens again and again. Perhaps people generally believe that if a person can flash a ready smile anytime and always seem to be able to kid around, then they are easy bait.

They never think that when people are like that, they are being civil and polite or just doing their job. I get that everywhere and after too many years, I have run out of patience. I used to just let things go, but not anymore. When someone tries to pull that one on me, I pounce on them with statements laced with disgust at their attempt at stupidity - it's not even sarcastic, because they don't deserve mercy - I would direct my questions thereafter, carefully punctuated with awe that uses a 'man, are you stupid or what?' tone. It's to warn them not to try that again, unless they enjoy public shaming.

People should just say what they mean and not try to gain sympathy by looking like they are ignorant. Why are people even trying to gain sympathy in the first place? Whatever happened to being a 'face saving' culture? Perhaps, because that happens in the middle of some conversation/discussion, they think I'm more relaxed and use that as a soft attack - because they know that if the conversation/discussion changed pace to that of a debate, they would have no points to argue through.

Here are some of the statements that got me riled up this week:

"Oh they are married? then why didn't they buy a 2-bedroom, why a studio?"
My response: they have no kids so why would they need another bedroom
"I thought 2 people 2 bedrooms"
My response: and you thought that from where?

"I can only hand over to the cleaning company when the main contractor does a one-time clean"
My response: That was done 6 months ago
"But they need to do it, see so dirty"
My response: that means your cleaner hasn't done this work for 6 months but collected payment for the job - so i'm going to do deduction.

"you need to help me do this table, remember I told you"
My response: No I don't remember and why should I
"because the staff (import) doesn't know how to do an excel chart
My response: Then your office should hire someone who does know how to do a chart instead of expecting me, totally unrelated to your office and company, to do this for free whilst an import earns the local salary.

So there you go. Comments which were totally not required, reasons which are dumb and excuses which are invalid.

This is not stupidity - this is not even an attempt to gain attention.

It's suicide.

Bottom line: we don't need to be smart anymore, coz all the dumb ones are killing themselves off the social network voluntarily.

No comments: