About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 01, 2014

Recycle - the best step forward

This cost me a dollar at a school fund-raiser.  There were like many bears in different poses, but none posed quite like this by the time I got to the lot.

Its not that I need another ornament to wipe down but that it was for a fund raiser and a dollar isn't really a lot at all.  In fact, a can of Coke at the coffee shop costs a dollar thirty!

I have always been very mindful of what pictures I have on the walls or what figurines are displayed - simply because years ago, a Feng Shui master (one of my gfs insisted I spoke to one for fun) was very specific about what I could or could not have in the form of 'deco'.

Is it about superstition? Perhaps, because most Asian culture is grounded deep with superstitions.  I may be very western in my thinking and execution of beliefs yet I will not deliberately do something that will upset the balance of energies around me.  This is also why I tend to steer away from people who are negative in their thinking to the extent that its psychologically unhealthy.  Its OK to feel 'down in the dumps' now and then, but to wallow in that feeling is another matter.

The other people-type I stay away from are the ungratefuls.  People who are retentive at the "MY ONE" "ITS MINE" stage of development.  People who have aged in years but remained irresponsible in their execution of civil behavior.

For example, someone is in dire need of help.
You offer your help.
Some will say "Nah, I can manage on my own" albeit reluctantly.  Some will use other lines like "you don't have to" - which doesn't really tell the helper anything definitive.  So does the helper help or not? What does 'you don't have to' really mean?  These are the ones we should look out for, because they are not likely going to fully comprehend what the help is going to translate into.

For the matured, adaptive people - help is extended from the heart with NO expectations of any kind of returns.  Its like when you loan someone $$$ you should have enough so that you don't expect to see it returned to the kitty.  Yet, in civil society, there is a minimum expectation of gratitude which should be expressed clearly.  In Asia, mostly people give 'treats' in the form of drinks or a simple meal - which is more than good enough between friends.

So I have reverted to being super cautious about traits and what they personify.  Its not a regression but progression since my weakness is to always help when I can even if its to my own detriment.
So no figurines of horses, rabbits, dogs or tigers for me - no posters or wall pictures of those either.
From here on, its either positive energy or into the Recycling Bin - people included.


No comments: