About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 11, 2016

Family Feud turned public spat


For a small nation, we certainly live for juicy happenings.

We have been privy to a bubbling cauldron the past few days.  I have read some exchanges and many have 'taken sides'.
In some sense, if they were to be told to stay out of it, they would say, they were only clarifying the matter at hand because they don't want to be misquoted or partially quoted.

Does it matter?

To me, this is actually a private matter between two very prominent figures in our little nation and GRIEF, affects us all in different ways.  A lot of people who have posted to stand on one side, obviously missed that point.

GRIEF makes people do many many strange things.  Some like fanfare, some prefer the quiet cry.  Where is our respect for the dead?  The surviving family members are trying to cope in the best way that they can.  Where is our empathy?

We talk about being a compassionate nation.  We sing high praises about being subtle and sensitive.  Where are those traits now?

I do not subscribe to a hush-hush of things, but we must be tactful when this is not about someone who went topless or someone who laundered money.  It began with how we celebrated the first year death anniversary of a 'founder' which somehow spiraled into 'plagiarism' which is a very serious accusation.  
I believe that when people post on a social media platform, it's a personal opinion on some matter, which in itself is just a comment and NOT AN ACADEMIC PIECE which requires references.  Let's say I read from somewhere, some funny incident.  I post it on social media.  It doesn't mean I'm claiming credit for that tiny piece of news.  My comment would be nothing but a comment.

People are hurting from a huge loss.
Allow them some space to be like the less prominent common folk.  No more excuses about 'oh I needed to clarify this and that'.  It's not helping them.

Graphic from:
http://www.picturesof.net/search_term_pages/feud.html




No comments: