About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 01, 2016

Lighting the Way - Literally


Related image .....little it may be...HUGE is the impact.

After years of swerving left, right, avoiding dead end walls then facing potential head-on collisions - of which some hit and some missed......I surrender to time and decided that people who are just friends/acquaintances/colleagues but who make my days a little brighter, deserve to be acknowledged.

I remember posting about a colleague who went for an overdue/well-deserved fishing trip in the open sea.  Well, he thought that we were all right and that after a suicidal year, he should and must get into his element and re-charge whenever he can.  He's going fishing again this weekend!

We were so happy to hear about his plans, not because planning for a fishing trip is exciting, but the twinkle in his eyes, the lost faith found in his body language rained joy upon us, as he spoke about it this morning.

It doesn't take a lot, to be there ; to be a friend - all I did was to get him an LED waterproof magnetic penlight - a joke actually....since people who love fishing, are fearless in the open sea, day or night....while the penlight would represent me, with all that power source and a 'security' magnet so there will be no sea falling incidents - will not get me in that tiny sampan to fish.

Another colleague mentioned that this chap is almost back to how he was before - laughing and at a manageable stress level.  We all agreed and it made me realise that these colleagues will never be my closest friends in terms of years, but they spend the most time with me from Mon-Fri and well, they deserve to have the same privileges as friends I have known for many years, yet hardly see them except once or twice a year.

The best part of it all was - I left the unwrapped penlight on his desk, with a post-it note, handwritten in his mother-tongue language and unsigned.

It was hilarious, because he wasn't even sure which of us clowns pulled this prank.  
It's just a little penlight - but it brought so much of laughter, not just to the recipient but to the people around him that makes the gift more than just lighting one person's way.

As he makes his journey out to sea - I pray that the GODs will be smiling upon them, so they will go safe and return safe.

















No comments: