About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

April 17, 2016

Wine Connection

I had brunch with a friend today at Hillview2.

I was very surprised that the place has changed, but then, most of Singapore does - almost as if, if you don't go there often, time just waves it's wand and you find new buildings and eateries!

Thing is, this wonderful lady, is my 'boss' - and we became friends from day one.  Most of my colleagues believe that we knew each other from way before, since we come across as always being of the same mind in decisions.
I learnt a little more about her today, which gave me a better insight into how we get along so well.

While my life has been plagued often with avoidable drama, hers was mainly trouble free - yet we both had our share of being almost backed to a wall which ultimately pushed us to make decisions that turned out to be correct.

This wasn't her choice of profession, yet she's been in it for more than 30 years.  This isn't my choice either, yet I've been in it for longer than I wanted to.

She finds me weird but not in a bad sense.  She wanted to understand how I got to be this strong in personality, come hell or high water.

My answer - my belief in the existence of GOD.  He who has never abandoned me, ever - whether it was my choice in husbands or any tough decisions in parenting I had to make.

She did the same - when things fell apart with the mergers of our Universities back then, she was caught in the middle - but she trusted that she didn't come all the way here to fail and be played out by our changing educational landscape.  She was the first batch to graduate from NUS.

So we celebrated our life, graced by GOD at Wine Connection.
Today's lunch was long overdue - we were supposed to have had this lunch the first year I worked with her.  Better late than never.

Food tasted great.  Service was great.
Ambiance was perfect.  There were people but not enough to make me claustrophobic.  We walked to the pet shop, got my hay...walked to Tanglin Market's branch there and got our stuff and ended the sunday understanding each other better.

This is a great place to have a catch-up quiet meet.  Excellent value for money menu and for weekdays, there's a one for one meal deal.

No comments: